Shrimp net 3/8″ replacement sock, hand made 7 foot long, thread on your hoop and your done. Comes complete with quick release hardware at end of sock for easy dumping.
Out of stockEmail to a friend
Shrimp Net Replacement Bag
Hand made, 11 lb mono sewn as single piece and NOT 2 pieces threaded together connecting a top and bottom. Strong loops to thread onto 3/8″ thick dip net hoop. Made by iconic net maker, Ed Shumaker known for both his custom cast nets and winter dipping mono gear.
- OUT OF STOCK, check back March 1st when we return from sales show in Islamorada
- Popular style shrimp net replacement bag for Florida
- Use dacron plastic coated line to adhere the re-enforced neck if your dip net has one
- Cable ties rip the sock, use dental floss if need be to affix power neck, make many wraps, do this in 4 places.
- If no power brace, you do not need to do anything but thread sock on the 3/8″ hoop rim.
- If your old sock is NOT threaded on the rim, your rim is TOO big and your sock needs sewn on vs. threaded on.
- 7 foot sock in 3/8″ mesh which DOES NOT cull out bait size shrimp
- You can cut the net and make it shorter, but you have to weave in the quick closure mechanism rope after the net cutting.
- 11 lb mono dry, 10 lb mono weight wet
- This is the MOST popular size
- Easy quick release hardware at end of sock for easy dumping
- Shumaker product (iconic net maker 45 years)
- Official gear of Capt Lee Noga, Founder Academy Of Shrimping
- We ship Post Office only.
- See pics, we use only 4 cable ties at the bottom of the net if you have a power dipper brace which is used to add strength to the rim during strong tides that want to bend hoop backwards. But remove the cable ties and use dental floss or some dacron line. The cable ties snag and could rip the hoop net…
How to Install:
Thread the net loops onto rim starting from either end of the rim. Find the seam and count over 3 loops, on loop #4 start threading sock on., thread on 1″ of the net and bunch it up. Once you bunch up 1″ of loops packed tight move the net around the hoop. Repeat bunching up 1″ of loops and pull around repeating until ALL the net is on. You will have 3 -4 loops of net that will not be threaded on the rim, this is normal.
Cable ties are temporary until you wrap the neck with some kind of dacron, whipping line or dental floss, velcro straps etc.
|Dimensions||12 x 8 x 2 in|